Table of Contents
Welcome to Brent P. Newhall's Musaeum of Fantastic Wonders, a repository for Brent's tabletop gaming materials.
- Ability Score - A generic system that combines D&D's ability scores and modifiers with Apocalypse/Dungeon World's 2d6 mechanic
- Blood Rites - A dark fantasy game of savagery and blood magic
- DROP - An SF story-writing game of survival horror
- Dungeon Delvers - An ultra-portable D&D variant designed to fit in your pocket
- Dungeon Raiders - A retroclone of Original and First Edition D&D, with streamlined mechanics
- Favored of Star Patrol - A tabletop story game of daring space opera in the tradition of E.E. “Doc” Smith's Lensman series
- The Grand Conspiracy - A tabletop RPG of “ordinary” people investigating THE TRUTH.
- Gunwave - A tactical tabletop RPG of sci-fi warfare with giant robots and the angsty teens who pilot them
- High School Hearts - A tabletop story-telling game of high school relationships
- MurderHobos - A tabletop RPG of adventurers who kill things and take their stuff
- New Troubles - A simple tabletop RPG resolution system adaptable for many settings, where die rolls are more about getting what you want and suffering setbacks than “success” or “failure”
- PaperMasters - A 200-word tabletop RPG of bibliomancers who use their absolute control of paper to find rare books
- Spaces of the Unknown - A fantasy RPG built for play-by-post gaming
- Steel and Flame - A sword-and-sorcery RPG that combines Barbarians of Lemuria with pieces of Fate
- Stories of the Lens - A science fiction space opera RPG inspired by E.E. “Doc” Smith's Lensman series.
- Tricks and Treats - A Halloween-themed tabletop RPG about trick-or-treaters, using candy as its primary mechanic
- Uneven Wings - A tabletop RPG where players bid tokens to win competitions and achieve goals. Plays anywhere, with any mix of tokens.
RPGS in Development
- The Burned Future - A tabletop RPG set in a post-apocalyptic future of fantastic savagery, mysticism, and super science.
- Dance of the Leash - A game of nobles in a decadent court, risking their attention, power, and control.
- A Fantastic Journey to Mars - A tabletop RPG of Jules Verne-style adventures to Mars
- Pique - A card-based tabletop RPG, focusing on court intrigue
- Serial Experiment Jump - Notes on an experimental system of time-jumping adventurers
- TabletTop - A tablet/phone-based RPG, still in early design stages
Other Tabletop Games in Development
- Conspiracy Theory - A card game of aliens vying for control of the media
- They Conquered the World! - A card game of B-movie monsters trying to take over American cities, and the people trying to stop them
- Day of the Barrels - A board game suspiciously similar to Donkey Kong
Other Tabletop Games Released
- 3 Dice Dungeon - A solitaire dungeon crawl game
- AutoWar - A modern, open tactical car combat game inspired by Car Wars
- Tabletop Conquest - A solo dice wargame, where you command a medieval army and conquer a randomly-generated foreign land
- Zeppelins vs Pterodactyls - A board/card game of zeppelins, adventure, treasure, and pterodactyls with head-mounted cannons
- The OSR Handbook - A guide to 28 Old School Renaissance systems, including profiles, basic mechanics and stats, and stereotypical characters statted out in each system.
- The Dark Festival - A D&D 4th Edition Dark Sun adventure (50 pages)
- The Goblins of Summerkeep - A D&D 4th Edition adventure (40 pages)
- The Hobgoblins of Ravenspointe - A D&D 4th Edition adventure (38 pages)
- The House of Doctor Chamberlain - A short mystery adventure, using the simple Risus system (10 pages)
- Our Town Is Dying - A D&D 4th Edition mini-adventure (4 pages)
- The Sacrifice to the Troll God - A low-level MurderHobos adventure (6 pages)
- War in the Deep - A published D&D 4th Edition adventure (33 pages)
- Bounty Hunter Blues - A Fiasco playset in the Cowboy Bebop universe
- The City of Talon - A published fantasy sandbox setting (107 pages)
- Mystery of the Shattered World - An old-school D&D campaign setting of many islands and three kingdoms struggling for dominance.
- News of the Empire - A Victorian steampunk setting for Risus, as a one-page newspaper
- Voidjumpers of Space - A re-imagining of Spelljammer for D&D 4E (56 pages)
- Arbiter - An iOS app with a simple RPG framework. Play an RPG anywhere!
- The Haven Campaign - A D&D 5E game
- Change of Fate - A game of FATE that I ran with some friends
- Dungeons & Magical Girls - A D&D 4E game I ran online, live streaming
- The Legacy of the Lines - A D&D 4E game I ran on Google Wave
- Sellswords of Tamerane - Another D&D 4E game I ran on Google Wave
- Portents of Darkness - A Star Wars: Saga Edition game I ran on Google Wave
- The Crimes of Talon - Notes on a D&D 4th Edition campaign
- Seven Stones – Notes on a D&D 4th Edition campaign
- The Goblin Adventure - Notes on a D&D 3.5 pre-written campaign
Brent also runs the Fantasy RPG Design Challenge, which ends 30 April 2016.