Table of Contents
Brent's Gamer Resume
This is a record of the games Brent Newhall's played and run in his gamer lifetime.
First Role-Playing Experience
A short game of Nobilis with three coworkers, circa 2001.
|July 2005 - Nov. 2005||Martian Blues||SHERPA||Face-to-face|
|Dec. 2005 - May 2006||Ho Sophos Daimon||SHERPA||Face-to-face|
|June 2006 - July 2006||Chaotic Wanderings||D&D 3.5, roughly||Face-to-face|
|July 2008 - Oct. 2008||The Seven Stones||D&D 4th Edition||Face-to-face|
|Aug. 2008 - Dec. 2008||Powered Assault||Gunwave||Face-to-face|
|Nov. 2008 - Dec. 2009||The Crimes of Talon||D&D 4th Edition||Face-to-face|
|Nov. 2009 - Aug. 2010||Portents of Darkness||Star Wars: Saga Edition||Google Wave|
|Dec. 2009 - Aug. 2010||Legacy of the Lines||D&D 4th Edition||Google Wave|
|Mar. 2010 - Aug. 2010||Sellswords of Tamerane||D&D 4th Edition||Google Wave|
|June 2010 - Aug. 2010||The Goblins of Winterkeep||D&D 4th Edition||Google Wave|
|Dec. 2011 - 2012||Change of Fate||FATE||Face-to-face|
|Feb. 2010 - 2012||Dungeons & Magical Girls||D&D 4th Edition||Live online|
|Oct. 2011 - 2012||Let's Play an Interesting RPG||Different each week||Google+ Hangouts|
|Nov. 2015 - Jun. 2016||The Lesser of 3 Evils||D&D 5th Edition||Face-to-face|
|Oct. 2016 - May 2019||The Fall of New Netheril||D&D 5th Edition||Face-to-face|
|Feb. 2017 - Mar. 2017||Lucifer's Flint and Hammer||Blades in the Dark||Google+ Hangouts|
|Jan. 2019 - present||The Medieval Campaign||D&D 5th Edition||Face-to-face|
|July 2019 - present||Defense of Thane's Landing||D&D 5th Edition||Face-to-face|
RPG Systems Proficient
I could run these any time.
- Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition
- Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition, including Dark Sun
- Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
- Lasers & Feelings
- Searchers of the Unknown (minimalist D&D 1E)
RPG Systems Familiar
I could run these if I had some time to re-read them.
- Blades in the Dark
- The Coin's Hard Edge
- Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
- Savage Worlds, including Deadlands and Savage Mars
RPG Systems Tried
I've played these at least once.
- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons First Edition
- The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
- Shadowrun 4E
- Superhero by Jackson Tegu
- Traveller (Classic)
RPG Systems Designed
- City of Talon, an open-ended sandbox fantasy city
- Voidjumpers of Space, a re-invention of Spelljammer for D&D 4E.
- The Dark Festival, for D&D 4th Edition's Dark Sun
- The Goblins of Summerkeep, for D&D 4th Edition
- The Hobgoblins of Ravenspointe, for D&D 4th Edition
- The House of Doctor Chamberlain, a short mystery adventure using the simple Risus system
- Our Town is Dying, for D&D 4the Edition
- War in the Deep, for D&D 4th Edition
- The OSR Handbook
- I'll explain the rules as we go, but rules are tools for shared fair play, not inflexible shackles.
- I run games of heroic fantasy, not power fantasy. PC death is possible but not inevitable.
- I like collaborative storytelling. I'll happily incorporate player ideas, and I might ask you to make something up on the spot!
- If you are feeling triggered by something, raise your hand. We can retcon the story if necessary.
Board Games Designed
Board Games Familiar
(Besides the obvious board games like Clue and Monopoly)
Board Games Tried
I've played these games at least once, but it's been a while.
Card Games Proficient
Card Games Familiar
- Gundam War (English)
- Magic: The Gathering
- Seven Dragons
- Space Hulk: Death Angel
brent_s_gamer_resume.txt · Last modified: 2022/10/14 07:17 by brent